- The company’s early business was focused on creating wireless applications integrated with the Internet for remote monitoring and control applications creating four nines in reliability.
– The company developed key technologies that were applied in several vertical markets. For example, the company was one of the first to utilize the Internet as a derived channel for data back-haul and data aggregation points for life safety, fire and burglary signals, and many other applications.
– The company was an early pioneer for wireless smart cloud technology by the launching of;
* Zapmeter Heating Air Condition Control Systems
* ReserveASpot Parking Platform
* SOS Security Online System
* StatLINC Smart Grid Meter Reading
SIPCO’s innovations and contributions in such applications are considered the building blocks of today’s Internet of Things (IoT).
Mr. David Petite founded SIPCO, LLC (formerly "Stat Signal Inc.") in 1993 and invented fundamental technology covering various wireless mesh network protocols.
SIPCO grew from an earlier company, StatSignal, Inc.
– In the early 1990s StatSignal Systems Inc. invested millions of dollars for research and development in ultra low power RF Transceiver Micro-Processor embedded wafer fabrication designs for product integration for monitoring and control applications connected to the new Internet.